Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 healthy hot cocoa recipes
- 12 health benefits of apple cider vinegar
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Why are some people colder than others?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- Small fridges make good cities, healthier people
- The dog poem that made Johnny Carson cry