Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Cat Island' is a feline's purrfect paradise
- Watch: A forest year
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet