Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 28 commonly confused animals: What's the difference?
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Homemade driveway deicers: We tested it
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey