Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- What is deism?
- Is this the flag of planet Earth we'll plant on Mars?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 11 minimalist nature photos that will leave you speechless
- Soon we will wallpaper our walls with OLED TVs
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects