Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 'In Search of Lost Frogs': Photographer rescues frogs from oblivion
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 11 ways to open a stuck jar lid
- Cute, rustic cabin in Wisconsin is actually RV in disguise
- Are bread crusts more nutritious?
- How to prevent your child being bitten by the family dog