Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 'Cinderella' tiger orphan returns to wild, meets prince
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother