Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- Berkeley collects $116,000 in 1st month of soda tax
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- Does happiness have a scent?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 15 obsolete words we should still be using