Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why are some people colder than others?
- We've been splitting wood all wrong
- How to give a cat a pill
- 10 tear-jerking reunions between soldiers and their dogs