Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Fireflies turn dusk to disco in dazzling time-lapse video
- Wildlife thrives in 'the most dangerous place on Earth'
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Know your movie quotes? Take the quiz
- Sunstone guided Vikings, even after sunset
- Meet the 'Willy Wonka of tiny houses'