Jill, a junior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest in environmentalism and conservation through her extensive entomology research at Michigan State University. Her published research, which has been presented at conferences such as Entomology 2010, has inspired her to continue exploring honeybee populations and other insects, and to spread the word about the environmental impact of declining insect populations. Through this collaboration, Jill worked hands-on with honeybee populations to conduct groundbreaking research on bee memory and explored bee population decline. She is an avid varsity golfer and photographer who is looking forward to enjoying her favorite outdoor hobbies this spring!
Jill's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What's a Twike? It's half-bike, half-electric car
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 7 people who gave up on civilization to live in the wild - Becoming one with nature
- Massive online brain being built for the world's robots
- What do you call this baby animal?