Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?