Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is freezing fog?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats