Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How to make overnight oats
- A new Earth: 10 NASA images of planets like Earth