Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Jump in the pool (and giggle uncontrollably) with 'Underwater Dogs'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- How much can a 2,000-mile hike on the Appalachian Trail change a man? Take a look
- 5 diseases more worrisome than Ebola
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 8 men taking a stand against domestic violence
- 12 fascinating facts about apes and monkeys