Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- When is the best time to buy airplane tickets?
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- Bizarre-looking angler fish caught on video for first time
- How to get your child to take a nap
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?