Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- In the Sierra Nevada, an off-grid tiny house fit for a modern day mountain man
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't