Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Planetary Society’s solar sail spacecraft sends back first data
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- Why I don't wear sunscreen
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- 92-year-old female Spitfire pilot flies again for the first time since World War II
- How to save frostbitten plants