Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to make overnight oats
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?