Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Take a walk through a floating flower garden
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 7 foods you can fry an egg in
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?