Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
Jonelle's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 fruits you can grill
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure