Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you saucing pasta the right way?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- We are one: Inspiring film 'Planetary' offers fresh perspective on our relationship with Earth
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Watch: Everything you always wanted to know about urban chickening (but were afraid to ask)
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air