Jonelle has always loved the outdoors. Growing up in the Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas, she learned that nature is constructed of millions of tiny details, and all of these details are connected. Her knowledge of Arkansas's plants, animals and ecosystems has increased through work with a nature education non-profit and a state conservation agency. A few of Jonelle's professional interests are prescribed fire, ecoregions and native plants. Career goals include exploring North America while working as a freelance nature journalist. In her spare time, you may find Jonelle learning something new, kayaking or gardening.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- What is a circumhorizontal arc?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What is the best way to get rid of poison ivy?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video