Jessica Durrett is a student at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. She is an undecided major but is leaning towards either History, English, or Environmental Studies. She is a part of an Honors Program called Paideia (Greek for education) and is an active member of the surrounding Georgetown community. In high school, she participated in National Honor Society and NASA’s High School Aerospace Scholars Program. This NASA program created a mock Mars Mission at Johnson Space Center and allowed her to gain an extra high school science credit. In addition to graduating Cum Laude, she participated in a two-year Cosmetology Program and earned her State Cosmetology License. Jessica is also an avid birder, science enthusiast, and an all-around lover of Mother Nature (and the Network). Her hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, and ukulele and also writing poetry/short stories. As The Beatles said in "Mother Nature's Son," … "Find me in my field of grass, Mother Nature's son. Swaying daises sing a lazy song beneath the sun."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- DASH named best diet for overall health
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- Plant-based diets a good choice for weight loss
- 50 insane facts about the eye
- Helicopter parenting is great for pets, study says