Jessica Durrett is a student at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. She is an undecided major but is leaning towards either History, English, or Environmental Studies. She is a part of an Honors Program called Paideia (Greek for education) and is an active member of the surrounding Georgetown community. In high school, she participated in National Honor Society and NASA’s High School Aerospace Scholars Program. This NASA program created a mock Mars Mission at Johnson Space Center and allowed her to gain an extra high school science credit. In addition to graduating Cum Laude, she participated in a two-year Cosmetology Program and earned her State Cosmetology License. Jessica is also an avid birder, science enthusiast, and an all-around lover of Mother Nature (and the Network). Her hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, and ukulele and also writing poetry/short stories. As The Beatles said in "Mother Nature's Son," … "Find me in my field of grass, Mother Nature's son. Swaying daises sing a lazy song beneath the sun."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- Goats really can climb trees
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- What is face blindness?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.