Jessica Durrett is a student at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. She is an undecided major but is leaning towards either History, English, or Environmental Studies. She is a part of an Honors Program called Paideia (Greek for education) and is an active member of the surrounding Georgetown community. In high school, she participated in National Honor Society and NASA’s High School Aerospace Scholars Program. This NASA program created a mock Mars Mission at Johnson Space Center and allowed her to gain an extra high school science credit. In addition to graduating Cum Laude, she participated in a two-year Cosmetology Program and earned her State Cosmetology License. Jessica is also an avid birder, science enthusiast, and an all-around lover of Mother Nature (and the Network). Her hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, and ukulele and also writing poetry/short stories. As The Beatles said in "Mother Nature's Son," … "Find me in my field of grass, Mother Nature's son. Swaying daises sing a lazy song beneath the sun."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 surefire ways to kill a houseplant
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Weird cloud on radar maps wasn't caused by weather
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Take a chance on these 8 thrilling suspension walkways
- Do foods taste the same to animals as they do to us?