TOILET PAPER VS. BATHROOM BIDET SPRAYERS
The amount of toilet paper used every year in the US is staggering. At a time when record numbers of people are losing their jobs wouldn’t it be wonderful to find a way to save money and also help our environment at the same time? And what if this “way” also helped us, in terms of health, hygiene and even made us feel good? Well the way to do that is to get a Bathroom Bidet Sprayer.
We use 36.5 billions rolls of toilet paper in the U.S. each year, this represents at least 15 million trees pulped. This also involves 473,587,500,000 gallons of water to produce the paper and 253,000 tons of chlorine for bleaching purposes. The manufacturing process requires about 17.3 terawatts of electricity annually. Also, there is the energy and materials involved in packaging and transporting the toilet paper to households across the country.
Toilet paper also constitutes a significant load on the city sewer systems, and water treatment plants. It is also often responsible for clogged pipes. In septic systems, the elimination of toilet paper would mean the septic tank would need to be emptied much less often.
Basically, the huge industry of producing toilet paper could be eliminated through the use of bidets(at least most of it). Instead of using toilet paper, a bidet sprayer cleans your posterior using a jet of water. You can use toilet paper to dry off with, which would be a fraction of your normal use, or you can use a towel which actually works even better.
Most of us can't imagine living without toilet paper. The average American uses over 100 single rolls—about 21,000 sheets—each year.
One common suggestion is for people to switch to recycled toilet paper:
This is an easy one that you won’t even have to suffer for! If every household in America switched out just ONE roll of regular TP for recycled TP, we would:
Save 470,000 trees,
Use 1.2 million cubic feet LESS landfill space
Save about 169 million gallons of water
The biggest drawback with that is that many people complain the recycled paper is not as soft, it can also cost more. But it you use the Bathroom Bidet Sprayer first you won’t have to feel bad about the small amount of toilet paper you may still use.
No top-selling household paper product uses recycled content, and activists believe that the industry prefers it that way — stocking store shelves with brands that compete over softness, a quality that comes from virgin tree fiber.
“We know people care about the environment,” says Darby Hoover, an NRDC staffer, but many consumers still don't realize they have a choice.
Recycled paper also can cost more because the market for it now is small. But what's the potential payback for switching? Seventh Generation, one of the largest recycled producers, estimates that:
· One million trees would be saved if every U.S. household replaced just one 250-count package of virgin fiber napkins with 100 percent recycled ones.
· 544,000 trees would be saved by replacing a 70-sheet roll of virgin fiber paper towels.
· 424,000 trees would be spared by replacing a 500-sheet roll of virgin fiber toilet paper.
· 170,000 trees would be saved by replacing one 175-count box of virgin fiber facial tissue.
Now imagine how many trees would be saved if you didn’t use toilet paper at all?!
Finally, do the math. How much would you save each week and then month if you stopped buying toilet paper completely? And this saving will just keep going on and on.
So let’s look at this again: You can get a superior cleaning method for you and your family. It has several health benefits. You can help the environment in a big way and not just today or this month but forever by lowering the number of trees cut down and used for toilet paper. You also will be helping to lower the amount of electricity used in the manufacturing process and the chemicals (read: and our dependence on imported oil here) that can pollute our world. It saves you money everyday and every month from now on and finally it just plain feels good! What are you waiting for? http://www.bathroomsprayers.com/
jeffsamuels9's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- Is heat trapped in the ocean responsible for the global warming 'pause'?
- How solar-equipped donkeys are changing the lives of Turkish shepherds
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 23 temples in nature: Engulfed by nature