John Grinde is a senior at the University of Nevada-Reno where he is pursuing dual degrees in journalism and photography. He is a volunteer DJ for Wolfpack Radio, his school’s independent radio station, and is a lab assistant in the photography department. Some of his favorite activities are camping, hiking and relaxing on the beaches of Lake Tahoe. He also plays drums in a local rock band.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you saucing pasta the right way?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- We are one: Inspiring film 'Planetary' offers fresh perspective on our relationship with Earth
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Watch: Everything you always wanted to know about urban chickening (but were afraid to ask)
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air