Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 foods to improve your mood
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Can you match the footprints to the animal? MNN quiz
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion