Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
Jaymi's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Spirit of Henry David Thoreau's 'Walden' lives on at state park
- 10 uses for eggshells
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Is a zero waste grocery store possible?
- 10 fruits you can grill