Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
Jaymi's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 of the cutest toxic caterpillars
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 9 habits that may do more harm than good
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- A zap to the brain can trigger a lucid dream
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient