Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems