Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Your zombie-proof log cabin has arrived
- 7 things your mouth can reveal about your health
- Ancient Europeans were lactose intolerant for thousands of years
- What your feet say about your health
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- New scans refute old diagnosis of King Tut's, other pharaohs' health
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA