Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 'Old Faithful' dogs get their moment in the sun
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- Why you should mulch leaves, not rake them
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Rare berries offer seeds of hope for cancer sufferers
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion