Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Why I don't wear sunscreen
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Planetary Society’s solar sail spacecraft sends back first data
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 80% of sunscreens are useless or harmful, says EWG
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux