Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Have lower back pain? You might be part chimp
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Instead of coffee, try these tasty alternatives
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- The Ecomodernist Manifesto: How to have a great Anthropocene
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What is spontaneous human combustion?
- Dog that looks like Steve Buscemi seeks forever home
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects