Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- Artist's mandala bowls extol magic of superfoods
- Hippo's ancestor was the size of an overgrown sheep
- How to hike with your cat