Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways graphene could change the world
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- Is your goat happy? Here's how you can tell
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 3 simple homemade toothpaste recipes
- 10 natural cough remedies