Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- Watch stately sandhill cranes try to walk on thin ice
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.