Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Enjoy a healthier night's sleep in this totally transparent house
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Google Maps inspires dog rescue