Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
Jaymi's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- You'd think a beagle rescued from a testing lab might not make a great pet (but you'd be so wrong) |
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Can we trust imported organic foods?
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Why we should have little altars everywhere
- Alley cats gain a powerful ally in photographers
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- 10 health benefits of lemons
- The surprising reason you should wash your hands in cool water