Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- Ancient stone circles in Mideast baffle archaeologists
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- Homeowner's lawn-to-garden transformation yields more than just vegetables
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid