Jaymi's passion for the environment started as a little girl. She has always held a special interest in wildlife and habitat conservation both on a local and global scale. As wide scale environmental problems worsen, her concern for the environment continues to grow, as do her passions for the written word and conservation photography.
She received her degree in English and creative writing from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and married her loves of writing and green technology while working as the managing editor for EcoGeek.org. She then spent five years as an editor and writer for TreeHugger.com, covering technology, ocean and water, and wildlife conservation issues. Now, it is her daily joy to cover all things animal for Mother Nature Network.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- How to hike with your cat
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared