Jerry James Stone
Creator, producer and host of the vegetarian food blog, Cooking Stoned, which focuses on simple gourmet recipes, Jerry's cooking reflects a very San Francisco style. Jerry's cooking show is available on his Cooking Stoned YouTube channel. In addition to writing for Mother Nature Network, Jerry's creations can be found at Whole Food's Dark Rye, and KQED's Bay Area Bites.
Jerry's also covers green tech, design and odd green news including car and tech for Discovery Channel. He's the producer and main recipe developer for TreeHugger's Green Wine Guide, contributes regularly to MAKE magazine, The Atlantic, Digg.com and Fodor's Travel Guides.
His crusade for all things eco started twenty years ago when he ditched his meat-and-potatoes upbringing for something more vegetarian-shaped. Jerry studied at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. During his time there he was a DJ at the campus station KCPR and he also wrote for the campus paper, Mustang Daily.
Jerry currently resides in San Francisco, CA with his cat Lola. You can follow him on Twitter @jerryjamesstone, add him on Facebook, and follow him on Google+.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Break out the sheepskin: Study finds babies who sleep on animal skins are less likely to develop ast
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- Watch a robot cheetah run and jump like a cat
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth