Jerry James Stone
Creator, producer and host of the vegetarian food blog, Cooking Stoned, which focuses on simple gourmet recipes, Jerry's cooking reflects a very San Francisco style. Jerry's cooking show is available on his Cooking Stoned YouTube channel. In addition to writing for Mother Nature Network, Jerry's creations can be found at Whole Food's Dark Rye, and KQED's Bay Area Bites.
Jerry's also covers green tech, design and odd green news including car and tech for Discovery Channel. He's the producer and main recipe developer for TreeHugger's Green Wine Guide, contributes regularly to The Atlantic, Digg.com and Fodor's Travel Guides.
His crusade for all things eco started 20 years ago when he ditched his meat-and-potatoes upbringing for something more vegetarian-shaped. Jerry studied at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. During his time there he was a DJ at the campus station KCPR and he also wrote for the campus paper, Mustang Daily.
Jerry currently resides in San Francisco, CA with his cat Lola. You can follow him on Twitter @jerryjamesstone, add him on Facebook, and follow him on Google+.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- How to clean a cast-iron skillet
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth