Jerry James Stone
Creator, producer and host of the vegetarian food blog, Cooking Stoned, which focuses on simple gourmet recipes, Jerry's cooking reflects a very San Francisco style. Jerry's cooking show is available on his Cooking Stoned YouTube channel. In addition to writing for Mother Nature Network, Jerry's creations can be found at Whole Food's Dark Rye, and KQED's Bay Area Bites.
Jerry's also covers green tech, design and odd green news including car and tech for Discovery Channel. He's the producer and main recipe developer for TreeHugger's Green Wine Guide, contributes regularly to MAKE magazine, The Atlantic, Digg.com and Fodor's Travel Guides.
His crusade for all things eco started twenty years ago when he ditched his meat-and-potatoes upbringing for something more vegetarian-shaped. Jerry studied at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. During his time there he was a DJ at the campus station KCPR and he also wrote for the campus paper, Mustang Daily.
Jerry currently resides in San Francisco, CA with his cat Lola. You can follow him on Twitter @jerryjamesstone, add him on Facebook, and follow him on Google+.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Why Americans are less happy with their new cars
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Watch a 10-hour Amish barn raising in less than 4 minutes