Jerry James Stone
Creator, producer and host of the vegetarian food blog, Cooking Stoned, which focuses on simple gourmet recipes, Jerry's cooking reflects a very San Francisco style. Jerry's cooking show is available on his Cooking Stoned YouTube channel. In addition to writing for Mother Nature Network, Jerry's creations can be found at Whole Food's Dark Rye, and KQED's Bay Area Bites.
Jerry's also covers green tech, design and odd green news including car and tech for Discovery Channel. He's the producer and main recipe developer for TreeHugger's Green Wine Guide, contributes regularly to The Atlantic, Digg.com and Fodor's Travel Guides.
His crusade for all things eco started 20 years ago when he ditched his meat-and-potatoes upbringing for something more vegetarian-shaped. Jerry studied at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. During his time there he was a DJ at the campus station KCPR and he also wrote for the campus paper, Mustang Daily.
Jerry currently resides in San Francisco, CA with his cat Lola. You can follow him on Twitter @jerryjamesstone, add him on Facebook, and follow him on Google+.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- How to hike with your cat
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- This woman sees more than 2 colors in 'the dress'