I'm a writer living in Maryland. I've worked at newspapers and news websites across the Southeast since 2002, including The Roanoke Times, the Winston-Salem Journal and Patch.
I graduated from the University of Maryland in 2005 with a bachelor's in English Language and Literature. I grew up in Owings, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your blood type says about you
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Rare berries offer seeds of hope for cancer sufferers
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- 7 health benefits of pumpkin seeds
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 12 recipes to elevate spinach to best-friend status