I'm a writer living in Maryland. I've worked at newspapers and news websites across the Southeast since 2002, including The Roanoke Times, the Winston-Salem Journal and Patch.
I graduated from the University of Maryland in 2005 with a bachelor's in English Language and Literature. I grew up in Owings, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- How to roast pumpkin seeds
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash