I'm a writer living in Maryland. I've worked at newspapers and news websites across the Southeast since 2002, including The Roanoke Times, the Winston-Salem Journal and Patch.
I graduated from the University of Maryland in 2005 with a bachelor's in English Language and Literature. I grew up in Owings, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Living cheap is the new green
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What is mindfulness?
- Cryonics: Would you have your body frozen?