I'm a writer living in Maryland. I've worked at newspapers and news websites across the Southeast since 2002, including The Roanoke Times, the Winston-Salem Journal and Patch.
I graduated from the University of Maryland in 2005 with a bachelor's in English Language and Literature. I grew up in Owings, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- How to see the Orionid meteor shower at its peak
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- How to make kefir (and what it is, if you don't know)
- Watch: A forest year
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid