John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 80% of sunscreens are useless or harmful, says EWG
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is a saiga and why should we care about it?
- 'The Voice' winner Sawyer Fredericks is an upstate NY farmer
- The science behind your cat's most adorable features
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- New remedy helps bats survive white-nose syndrome