John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- De-icing dilemma: Do streets need salt?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.