John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 foods to improve your mood
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth