John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- World's Best Vegan Guacamole: Recipe
- Wild sperm whale mimics diver
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- California welcomes its first edible cricket farm