John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- Weird cloud on radar maps wasn't caused by weather
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Take a chance on these 8 thrilling suspension walkways
- Stars to look for in autumn's night sky
- Do foods taste the same to animals as they do to us?
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Scientists may have found link between artificial sweeteners and diabetes
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage