John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What your sleep position says about you
- Meet 7 new endangered species on the IUCN Red List
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- Rare, 1-inch frogs raise babies inside bamboo stems
- How to give a cat a pill
- Beautiful moment: 100-year-old woman sees ocean for the first time
- America's favorite place to go to the bathroom is at a botanical garden in Pennsylvania