John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How to make kefir (and what it is, if you don't know)
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- How to see the Orionid meteor shower at its peak
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- How often do you really need to shower?