John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
John's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 12 things you can do with your old shoes
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Why Honda's hybrid strategy is all wrong
- How much do you know about wolves? MNN quiz
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 41 of our favorite life hacks