John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
John's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The world’s most multilingual countries
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Meet Venus, the cat with 2 faces
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time