John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- Celestial sights to check out in the October sky, including a lunar eclipse
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion