John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Flow beehive harvests honey without opening hive
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is freezing fog?
- 18 most bizarre pigeon breeds
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog