John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?