John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Kimchi: Recipe
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- Photographer captures enchanting landscapes inspired by the Brothers Grimm
- I heart the Fitbit Charge HR, and here's why
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Small fridges make good cities, healthier people