John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 foods you can fry an egg in
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live