John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- In the Sierra Nevada, an off-grid tiny house fit for a modern day mountain man
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't