John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 5 things you probably didn't know about the iris
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- Elon Musk's rocket ride: A biography of the world's most driven CEO
- What is the skinniest state in the U.S.?