John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- The 6 biggest challenges all new puppy owners face
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How often do you really need to shower?
- See 6 months of Earth from space in 6 minutes
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent