John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- Do Unto Animals: The new book from Tracey Stewart that aims to help us help animals
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stunned by Yosemite: A trip that will make you feel alive
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Happy Save the Frogs Day
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA