John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 astonishing benefits of walking
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- What is exploding head syndrome?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate