John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What your blood type says about you
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?