John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 12 tips for kicking the refined sugar habit
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth