John R. Platt is a freelance journalist specializing in environmental issues, cutting-edge technology, and entrepreneurship. He writes about endangered species for Scientific American and green technology for several publishers. John lives on the coast of Maine where he spends his spare time drawing cartoons. Visit him online at www.johnrplatt.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- The surprising reason why morning walks can help you lose weight
- How olives changed the world
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- How often should you wash your towels?
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate